Wireless Printing: Mac
To print from your laptop, you will need to download and install two files and then configure the printer in System Preferences. These instructions will work Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, & El Capitan, MAC OS X 10.7 - 10.11. To find out what version of OS X you have, click the apple symbol in the upper right and choose "About this Mac."
- Download the HP driver that allows your laptop to communicate with the HP printers on campus.
- Download the Pharos PopUp Client, the printing system used on campus.
- Mount Popup.dmg which you can find in your downloads folder
- Drag to Applications or double click to install
- Open System Preferences and click on the Print & Fax
- Click the + button under Printers
- Click on the Advanced icon in the toolbar.
- If you do not see the Advanced button, hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and click anywhere on the toolbar. From the popup menu, select Customize Toolbar and drag the Advanced icon onto the bar.
- From the Type popup button, select Pharos Print Server
- Enter values of URL (uniprint.shoreline.edu/Library1stfloorQue), Name, and Print Using
as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click Add.
Now that you have drivers for your device, read the instructions for printing to one of the network printers on campus: