If you have contacted a department for entry into a course based on test scores, transcripts, or other evidence of your abilities, you will receive a course entry code or "add code."
How do I use the course entry code?
This code tells the registration database that someone at the college has reviewed your documents and verified that you meet prerequisites.
- Go to Shoreline's web registration page.
- In the Item Number Field, enter the class item number that you want to add.
- Click the Submit Add/Drop button. Registration is blocked for the class and a message appears indicating that you do not automatically meet the prerequisite and a course entry code is required. In the blank field next to the message, enter the 5-digit code.
- Each code is specific to the quarter and the course, but not to a specific section (item number) of the course.
- Each code can only be used once. If you need to change sections, you will need to contact the department for another code.
I am using the entry code but I still cannot register online.
Additional reasons registration for a class may be blocked are:
- You are trying to register before your assigned registration date.
- You are a new student at Shoreline CC and have an advising requirement. This is true if you do not have previous college experience and are planning to study a certificate or degree program here. Please contact your advisor for more information.
- The class is already full. You will have an opportunity to add yourself to the waitlist.