SID & PIN
Student Identification Number
Students are issued a student identification number at the time of admission. Disclosure of Social Security numbers is not mandatory, except for the purposes of financial aid, Federal HOPE Scholarship tax credit, employment in any position at Shoreline including work study and workforce or unemployment reporting.
Voluntary disclosure is authorized for the purposes of academic transcripts and assessment/accountability research. Your Social Security number is confidential and will be protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
By default at the time of admission, your personal identification number (PIN) is your six digit birth date, without spaces or dashes (MMDDYY). Students are strongly encouraged to change the PIN as soon as possible.
How to get your ID card
- Come to the campus bookstore on the ground floor of the PUB (9000 building).
- If you do not have a hard copy of your current schedule you can show it on your phone/tablet/laptop.
- You must have paid some tuition or have made other arrangements for tuition (for example, Financial Aid).
- Bring photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport).
- Go to the Bookstore and show them your current class schedule and your photo ID. They will make you a Student Identification Card.
Renewing your ID card quarterly
Each quarter that you attend Shoreline Community College, you can get a free sticker on the back of your ID card. Get a sticker by showing a current class schedule to staff at the bookstore.
Your first Shoreline ID card is free. Replacement cards cost $15. Use the same card every quarter - just get a new sticker. Contact the bookstore if you have any questions, 206-546-4732.